rear dash speakers lets see them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
back in the day when I still used 6x9's there were plastic brackets you needed to use which would convert the 4x10 opening into a 6x9 opening. I think I still may have a pair in the bottom drawer of my toolbox at home.

they look just like these

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=1770

If you want to mount 4 x 6x9's the easiest way ( from past experience ) would be to remove the seatback and parcel shelf material and work it from both inside the car and thru the trunk to cut away the metal for the 2nd set of speakers then use the brackets above for the 2 outside speakers and I think there is just enough room to mount the other 2 in the middle without the brackets. I cut my knuckles many times and the tension bar for the trunklid always gets in the way !

Even easier was just purchasing good quality 4x10's that fit and a sub in the trunk for some added kick.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
I had this done by gsi-interiorss.com. He can make a deck panel for your setup with 4 6x9's im sure of it. Bro is VERY professional and will work with you to get EXACTLY what you want.....

http://gsi-interiorss.com/item/speaker-upgrades/-6x9-upgrade-rear-decklid-g-bo/lid=353826

4294710302_256479f7de_b.jpg

4305418043_e17044f4d6_b.jpg

4305449263_69cab469f3_b.jpg

If this is something along the lines of what you are looking for, swing thru his site and have a lil look. He does alot of other custom work as well. These are just a few pieces I have ordered from him...

Warren

Does that replace the old rear deck panel all together? and what needs to be done to install it?... I might do something like that for my Cutlass.... kind of cool

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
That was a custom order for me. I wanted more sub to make it into the cabin, and asked for holes and 4" holes on each end to be cut. He makes em plain with 6x9 cutouts. The board is mdf and is very strong. the old board isnt used when running the new setup. It will require that the seat be moved forward an inch or so. Mine isnt installed yet but you can hit the link and there are plenty of pics there....

Warren 8)

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
I wanted more sub to make it into the cabin, and asked for holes and 4" holes on each end to be cut.
Warren 8)

I did that too, for the same reason. I have no speakers in my rear deck so I left the 4x10 speaker holes in there and had it wrapped in a thin black cloth. Looks stock almost and you can't see the holes. By the way I have MBQuartz 6.5" components installed in the rear quarter windows, just don't have an pictures yet, but it looks really good.

blk74nova

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2009
I put 6x9s in the area behind the quarter windows on 2 different montes. i can post a pic of the cutout area( already took out the speakers.)

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Hey, is that little piece with the chevy symbol a console lid? btw that deck lid looks sick, can they make it in a dark brown like my cutlass interior?

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Here's my rear speakers in the quarter window areas. I have no speakers in the rear deck. Just covered it with black cloth over the 4x10 speaker holes, which were left in there to allow bass into the cabin once my subwoofers are installed in the trunk.

6024910256_large.jpg
6024910258_large.jpg

Kutdoctor2k11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2011
87SS383 said:
i dont have pix of my install cuz i'm in Afghanistan right now, but i took some 2" particle board, the same kind they make speaker boxes from, and cut it to fit in the rear deck. i used a jigsaw to cut the molds for 4 ea 6X9's and wired them into my deck/amp.

Im in the same boat i have 4 6x9 installed also but im in Afghanistan so sorry ill get my wife to email me some and ill try to repost them

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
i satarted out with the same plan in mind to use 4 6x9s accross the back deck. then i saw the amount of cutting needed (or should i say fab work 8) ) and decided just to use the 4x10 to 6x9 brackets. it was like $20. I'm not to thrilled but is works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor