Rear End Fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWO Racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2006
Ontario Canada
We use the the 7.5" in a stock and beat the supreme pi$$ out of them!! The will usually twist at spline after some time. The spline wears down until they let go. But it takes a real long time for it to happen. Chevy man how did you mange spend $1200 on a rearend? It must gold plated right?

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
i twisted the spline off 2 axles in my 7.5 in two launches. if you have a lot of tourque out of the hole and plan on using it, ditch the 7.5 all together

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
JWO Racing said:
We use the the 7.5" in a stock and beat the supreme pi$$ out of them!! The will usually twist at spline after some time. The spline wears down until they let go. But it takes a real long time for it to happen. Chevy man how did you mange spend $1200 on a rearend? It must gold plated right?

No it was solid gold! :lol: It was a while ago. And I didn't have access to a shop so I paid to have it put together and I didn't get the parts wholesale. Paying full retail kills you!

JWO Racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2006
Ontario Canada
8.5 out of a 71-72 cutlass will fit but it is 1.5 wider on each side. I'm looking into having one narrowed. The other alternative is to have an Ford 9" made up for 4 link and coil springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor