Rear end Locker??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
this is an alternative to a posi rear end from another vehicle http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWT-1930-LR ita a locker and it seems simple enough to install, however what are the advantages and disadvantages to using this? besides the irritating sound i heard it makes? (im young i can get over it :lol: )

Well its kinda like a spool/mini spool . Hard on the axles when you turn, and it will want to push yor car when turning and tires will squall also when turning, they are made mostly for off road such as dirt track and strips.

The other issue is they can be a bit unpredictable in a turn. You don't want to be hard on the gas while making a turn otherwise it'll whip you around.

These lockers are not really ideal for a street driven car at all. You axles will always spin at the same speed. like "jimmyp618" said off-road mud trucks and drag cars are what they are really intended for.
You can run one in a street car, but slow down for curves! 8)

the article said they "automatically unlock in turns" but i kinda like a wild car myself, tired of the boring toyota celica GT that pulls you everywhere you go... :blam: think i could drift my cutlass with one of these?

yeah well that will be the third thing the summer job pays for second to my new carb and distrubutor.

I think I am going to put a jar on my counter at work and write "My Car Project" on it and just start taking donations to fund the ideas I have for my car. I hate having to raise money for small things like that, good luck to you man

sounds like a good idea, thanks, i really wanna drift my cutlass yet still retain it as a daily driver, also after driving a posi g-body i left feeling disappointed. just wanted something a lil more from life

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor