rear sway bar fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
found this rear sway bar from a 76 caddy seville today , can i use it for my GP?

14_06_10_SDC10414-700-x-525-.jpg

14_06_10_SDC10415-700-x-525-.jpg

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
That bar is designed for a leaf spring rear. Anything can be made to fit with enough fabrication skills, but why bother?
Sell it to someone with a 70's Nova and get a G-body bar that's a direct fit.

Bill

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
billyjack said:
That bar is designed for a leaf spring rear. Anything can be made to fit with enough fabrication skills, but why bother?
Sell it to someone with a 70's Nova and get a G-body bar that's a direct fit.

Bill

:D thanks but no gbody sway bar here , we have a lot of sevilles here and all of them have rear sway bar on .

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Experiment with some end links and make brackets to mount the ends to the frame rather than the lower control arms. There are kits to clamp the bar to the rear axle tubes. Given where your project is, work with what you find!

• Friendly

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
Intragration said:
Ha ha you'd think with all the centrifuge technology your government has been able to import, they'd figure out a way to get a couple G-body sway bars in. What about those G-body cabs? Anyway, I'd agree with the previous poster, anything is possible. Time to start fabbing.

sure i can have anything here but depend how much it worths to do ... i have a complete ls1 5.7 100k miles engine+transmission+wiring+ecm ready to swap for my gp here for under 1500$ , i know u can not find same easily in US , but u know it 's hard to pay 400$ for swaybar+shipping from summit or jegs

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
do you have any S10 4x4 blazer 2dr model? 1995-2003 rear sway bars bolt in with no modifications- They mount on the front of the axle in the blazer, but the bottom of a g body rear end...

I just got one of these from a local pick and pull for $25 with brackets. 23mm

Attachments

• blazer rear sway.png
    blazer rear sway.png
    471.6 KB · Views: 2,953
  • blazer rear sway 1.png
    blazer rear sway 1.png
    414.4 KB · Views: 1,985
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,224

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Thanks for the photos. Cyrus, this is exactly the setup I was proposing. If you have the bar already, climb under your car and see if the bar will physically fit as in the images GT_80 provided. 2-1/2" or so muffler clamps might be useable to make saddles for the axle tubes, then you just need a bushing kit which could me salvaged or ordered. The trick remains - do the ends of the Seville bar line up with a convenient place on the frame to mount end links? Good luck.

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
ssn696 said:
Thanks for the photos. Cyrus, this is exactly the setup I was proposing. If you have the bar already, climb under your car and see if the bar will physically fit as in the images GT_80 provided. 2-1/2" or so muffler clamps might be useable to make saddles for the axle tubes, then you just need a bushing kit which could me salvaged or ordered. The trick remains - do the ends of the Seville bar line up with a convenient place on the frame to mount end links? Good luck.

The saddles and bolts on the Blazer bar I think are for 3" - YOu have to measure the axle tube diameter and get clamps for that size... The u bolt in the saddle is bigger than the 3/8" diameter ones that come with a muffler clamp though- more like 12mm or 7/16" something like that. I think the old F-body sway bars only used a 3/8" u bolt though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor