rear window hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch bu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2008
vlaardingen "the netherlands"
just opend mine rear tailgate window and one of the hinge,s broke off... 😢 (is that warranty after 30 years.. :mrgreen: )
its the one atached to the roof...is such a part still available in te state,s..?? have searched e-bay but nothing...
here in holland there asking ridiculous money for it $120,- used.. :shock:
otherwise i,m gonna make it mine self..
Grtz from holland Vin

I am pretty sure it is the same on the 82-93 s10 blazers

I know the lock for the glass and the gate is the same. Only they are painted black. The hinges are too?

ok i have disaded to make it mine self
not to many s10 lying around here also... 😢 have surched kopple of wreckingyards but nothing..
is this a part that fales alot on wagons ..?? not to many i think.. :roll:
when it works out i,l put some pics on.. :mrgreen:

dutch bu said:
ok i have disaded to make it mine self
not to many s10 lying around here also... 😢 have surched kopple of wreckingyards but nothing..
is this a part that fales alot on wagons ..?? not to many i think.. :roll:
when it works out i,l put some pics on.. :mrgreen:
=========================================================================================================
These hinges rust out over time...and break at the base.. Where did yours break?

As for the S-10 hinges, I've never seen them up close. However I've seen S-10 Blazers in the junkyard, but the rear hatch was locked and I couldn't get a better look. From what I did see, they look different than the wagon part....but there's a chance that you could retrofit it.

Post a picture of your hinge when you get a chance.

Jack

here some pics ...
scharnier.jpg

scharnier2.jpg

too bad we don,t have californian wheater around here.. :mrgreen:
its pretty far gone..
i,m trying to make a new one here the progress

here i made a templet of paper..
scharnier3.jpg

cut the real deal out from a 3mm(0.11810727300000001inch..?) thick steel plate
scharnier4.jpg

make it red flaming hot on the sections where to bent it.
scharnier5.jpg

scharnier6.jpg

and thankfully it fits.. 8)
scharnier7.jpg

scharnier8.jpg

good for a nother 30 years i hope.. :lol:

Nice job!
I was going to suggest that maybe you could do a temporary fix or repair your old hinge. Looks like your old hinge was beyond repair, yet it served it's purpose as a template to make a new hinge.

Good for you. If I come across any hinges, I'll keep you in mind. I will also look into the S-10 Blazer hinges to see if they will work on a wagon. I'm sure other wagon owners would like to know that information as well.

Thanks for posting the pictures of your handy work.. :wink: Keep up the good work...you're on the right path.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor