Rear window trim vinyl removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 pro olds

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2009
Whats up. I just removed my half vinyl top on my 84 2 door. Trying to find rear window trim. What donor cars have the trim that i can use for this. I found a 79 h.o. would this work? Does anyone make a new set for this? Some one please point me in the right direction. Thanks

84 pro olds said:
Whats up. I just removed my half vinyl top on my 84 2 door. Trying to find rear window trim. What donor cars have the trim that i can use for this. I found a 79 h.o. would this work? Does anyone make a new set for this? Some one please point me in the right direction. Thanks

I have a very nice set of trim if you are interested.

DSC02922.jpg

84 pro olds said:

78-80 won't work for 81-88 Cutlass rear windows.

Also I think you need to install the rivets to hold the trim clips in place for the chrome trim. I heard the vinyl roofs didn't have them but I could be wrong. I do know there are some rivets already there to hold the vinyl roof window trim panel that the vinyl adheres to.

You might also need the rear valance panel between the trunk and window, I am not sure but I think they might be different or you need to also get the trim clips to hold the lower chrome piece.

the rear valance is different. i got that off of a monte ss and the rear window trim from a grand prix. i still cant find hard top quarter windows though

88hurstolds said:
78-80 won't work for 81-88 Cutlass rear windows.

Also I think you need to install the rivets to hold the trim clips in place for the chrome trim. I heard the vinyl roofs didn't have them but I could be wrong. I do know there are some rivets already there to hold the vinyl roof window trim panel that the vinyl adheres to.

It doesn't? I always thought the trim was the same... Guess I learn something everyday.

You will need to pull the rear glass to either spot weld the proper trim studs in place, or you can screw the clips in place. But either way, the glass needs to come out to do it properly, since they are not present on vinyl top cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor