Rear windows on the 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
cdg1984 said:
U can roll the rear windows down in a 4 door cutlass?? Damn thats weird.

Don't all us 4 dr owners wish. No they don't roll down and that's what sucks about them.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
huh i always figured they rolled down. that must suck. do the rear windows in the wagons roll down?

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
i know bout the wing windows. i have power front windows and power wing windows. but i have another question to ask about it now. i know we all have seen the lexus sedans with their rear windows that go down all off center. and it came from the factory like that so it can go down as far as possible. thats wat i was going for

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Take your door panel off, and remove the two retainers that hold the window in place.

Start lowering the window and you'll see why they can't go down.
There is physically no room in the door shell to accomodate the window, no matter how you move it around.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, it was a dumb *ss move on the General's part, but also a cost cutting measure as well. I think we've beat this topic to death on every Malibu/ G-body forum.
Even if you wanted to add window regulators and/or motors, there isn't enough room in the door structure to accomodate this feat. You can check out some street rod supply houses and see what types of mechanisms and hardware they supply.
But again, you're still faced with limited window movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor