Rearend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilly Cochran

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 16, 2017
Appreciate that I was tryna figure out which type of limited slip I needed to buy..Gotta buy some good shocks to go on it too

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Doesn't your Monte SS have the 7.625 rear with 28 spline axles?
technically yes the 1986 MCSS rear I currently have in the car has the slightly larger 7.625 housing / ring gear , but the gearset and guts are the same as every 26 spline gbody 7.5 rear so I dont really count them as being any different. MCSS just got the better gearset 3.42 / 3.73
Although the internet says so I don't recall any of the Monte SS came 28 spline from the factory.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/another-7-5-topic.7891/
hehe gp quoted from 9 years ago in this one

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I believe it was GP made a suggestion last year when I was looking at replacing the Auburn from my car. Upgrade to $250 GN 28 Spline axles and an $500 Eaton Posi unit along with a re-inforced cover to help that 7.5 live on the street.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I believe it was GP made a suggestion last year when I was looking at replacing the Auburn from my car. Upgrade to $250 GN 28 Spline axles and an $500 Eaton Posi unit along with a re-inforced cover to help that 7.5 live on the street.

I can't remember that far back....:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor