Reasonable Price???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbusic77

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2008
Tennessee
Hey everyone, I was wondering about an item I found on Craigslist. It's an 78-80 aluminum hood for $80. Is this a good price or should I try to get it cheaper. The guy says it's never been painted or anything that it's in new cond. Also will I have to have a 78-80 front clip to make it match up? I have an 85 cutlass btw. Thanks.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Thats a damn good price bro i u can try and haggle it but if he dont come down u best snatch it up either way .

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
The 78-80 front end will not fit on a 81-88 2 door cutlass. Save your $. Unless you have a 4 door, then it would probably work out

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
That's still a good price for an aluminum hood though.

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
If you can't use is why not buy it and sell it for a profit?

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
i think thats a dam good price. of course i always try to get them down some, no matter what they are asking. but like the other guy said, even though it wont fit your car id by it to resell for a profit. depending on shipping id be interested in it myself.

dbusic77

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2008
Tennessee
thedoctorisin said:
The 78-80 front end will not fit on a 81-88 2 door cutlass. Save your $. Unless you have a 4 door, then it would probably work out

You said the front end won't fit, so does that mean the hood won't fit , or just the bumper, and stuff? I will definitely buy it if the hood will work.

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
He's saying that to use that hood you would need to swap the whole dog house from that year over to it. If I'm reading it correctly. But if that dog house can be swapped over then yes you would need to swap it all over to use that hood.

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
The hood, fenders, nose, and bumpers from a 78-80 would never fit 81+ cutlass with out extensive body work.

If you got the money to buy the hood by all means do it. But it highly doubt it would fit directly to your 81+. But if you buy it, you can resell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor