Recent G-body Prices - WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
If you REALLY want your mind blown, take a look at what VW Vanagons go for. Even stupider is what a Vanagon Westfalia goes for. Make it a Synchro, and holy s**t!!!! They're frickin' Vanagons for crying out loud!

Example: https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/1986-syncro-westy-vanagon/6506098738.html

Another example: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1981-vw-vanagon-westfalia/6507719939.html

$7500 for one with a seized engine?!?!

Yeah, I wish I would have bought up a bunch of THESE when they were super cheap!!
My dad, brother, and I all played that game made great money.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
That's funny they weren't bace clear paint
Yeah, I've given up trying to educate people on that...just like "leather" interiors on Malibus

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
G bodies are the next A bodies. 3rd gens are the next 1st gen F bodies. Fox bodies are the next 64-69 mustangs.

This is the same as what I believe. G-bodies are the last full frame rememberance of the good old years as the 73-77 A-bodies were never much of a hit with the rounded body shape. I believe the Malibu's will continue up in price as they were sold at the lower end and were more disposable where the Regal/Cutlass/Monte were a slight cut above and a different market somewhat will share in that increase. Sure there are some crazy prices but there always are in the car market speculation.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
My dad, brother, and I all played that game made great money.

Vangons are worth money, wow.

My best friend in elementary school had a vanagon diesel manual they used to go camping. One of the worst vehicles I've ever been in. Think they sold it to the scrap yard. It would do like 50 flat out. They took the scrap value money and bought a new magnum RT in 04.

Sad thing is it looks like vanagons are worth more now than that RT magnum was new. Yikes.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I trippled my money on my last Vanagon. My brother made $10k on his last Westy.

Reactions: 1 users

86MCLS

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2018
Bothell, WA
I just saw a syncro on CL for $36K and was shocked, too, then I read up on them and it turns out its a hippie cult, so it all made sense.

The $7500 one with seized engine is a "bargain". Hippies can't fix anything but their bong. Put $5K in it and sell it for $20K. Hippies generally have rich parents/trust funds and pay cash.

Too many "hippie" millennials have posted over filtered pictures of them being bums in Westies with the hashtag #vanlife on IG and of course everyone else wants to post their "me too" over filtered pics with their own Westie...

• Winner

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor