Regal Limited Dash Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
i'm driving my 84 regal last night when i hit a small bump and noticed the long rectacgle on the passenger side that says " Regal Limited" light up with a soft neon blue color. i have owned many regals and have NEVER seen one of these things light up. of course, i get to were im going , turn off the car and cant get it to come back back on. Does ANY ONE know how to remove this panel? i really want that working :D

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
there are some bolt type of things holding it on if i remeber right... they rarely work.... but they are sweet!

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
would you know how to get to the bolts. i removed the glove box but couldn't see anything......

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Could you post a picture of where the light is? Would my 83 limited have it?

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Mine did'nt habe any bolts. the trim ring has 5 or 6 plastic studs taht go through the dash and little metal round clips go on the studs behind the dash. They are a Pain In The A** :twisted: to remove.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
those fasteners are like bolts right? like the ones on the back side of door panels? i may be able to get a pic tonight. heck stick a digital camera in there and snap a pic?

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
Here is a pic of what im talking about. of cousre i still cant get the light to work. after 20 minutes last night getting my hand sliced up feeling around in there. i decided to give it a rest (about midnight). i will be back at it this weekend. :D it will work!!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 3,830

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
I know the line all the way around lights up on mine but im pretty sure the letters don't, didn't know they were supposed to

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor