regal with wchevy 350 vs 96 impala ss stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
The '96 will win if buddy can drive. You need a posi rearend with lower gears to be considered real competition. You probably would beat a Crown Vic, but that's nothing to brag about anyway. Everyone beats those things, even the police ones which are faster than stock.

Take it to test n tune night then you know where you are at. Your rear does put you at a disadvantage. Unless you are building a dedicated drag car keep overdrive and you can have BOTH acceleration gearing AND cruising rpm & mileage. Tell your friends their three speeds either get beat or left on the trailer on cruise night. Loved my old three speeds until they got obsoleted so I left them with the 70s.

pontiacgp said:
I know someone with a stock Impala SS and it's a nice car and looks good but it's rated at around 275 Hp at the wheels and about 330 lbs of torque and their curb weight is about 400 lbs more than a G body...

The SS's were rated at 260HP 330ft/lbs at the crank not the wheels.

dogshit said:
Take it to test n tune night then you know where you are at. Your rear does put you at a disadvantage. Unless you are building a dedicated drag car keep overdrive and you can have BOTH acceleration gearing AND cruising rpm & mileage. Tell your friends their three speeds either get beat or left on the trailer on cruise night. Loved my old three speeds until they got obsoleted so I left them with the 70s.

Tottaly agree i thank alot of people are catching on now even dragsters 200r4 and 700 seems to be the in thing now everyone looking for them now

Oh yeah everyone i got the impala with ease i just changed the ring and pinion to 3.73 a while ago it was a one leg but still got him with eases. But i recently just trashed my rearend doing doughnuts and burnouts and what not so im in the procees of getting it back right this time im going posi and beef up the rear end 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor