Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
I wonder if its possible to use a sort of glue to put in the rear window chrome

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
You could probably set it in there with silicone. Just be sure to allow enough time for it to cure. You might have to shim the molding to get it flush with the body.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
87GP said:
You could probably set it in there with silicone. Just be sure to allow enough time for it to cure. You might have to shim the molding to get it flush with the body.

thats what i was thinking and i doubt you could ever notice the difference

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
I seen a cutlass awhile back, a brougham with both the vinyl top and chrome trim around the rear window. I too took off the vinyl top on my 85 cutlass supreme brougham, It came off fairly easy, as a matter of fact, my car looks exactly like Kmac's but I have the brougham with the chrome rockers all the way around

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
I took of the vinyl last year. When painting this summer i found rust around the quarter windows so im glad i did, i got the chrome trim from a junkyard for $25 polished it up and siliconed it on. I was gonna use rivets but thats just more holes for possible rust. i dont have any pics of it on but it looks very clean. Under my vinyl though the bondo was breaking out from the factory but it cleaned up very nice. ill get some pics here soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor