Removing some smog stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Thats the breather tube that conects to the crank case filter in the air cleaner.
Im going to go ahead and keep that on there lol

...Anyone know of anything else that can be removed that just takes up space? I was guessing the emissions stuff would be pretty much it. Any easy ways to reroute some wires or tubes or anything into more convenient spots?

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
And, notice how you can now see the floor in absence of the smog pump.

You should see the smog pump setup on the early Buick Turbo 4 BBL (1978-83). Two separate control valve pieces and hoses all tangled up around things. Makes the SBCs look downright discreet and well-organized. :eek::D But when the Buick Turbo went SFI in '84 there was no smog pump at all! The computer allows air to flow through from intake to exhaust before firing the fuel injectors. I think the 3800 went without a smog pump too, but I don't know that any SBC ever did.

Last edited:

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
It's like a disease I have from needing to take account of California smogcheck. I've left no stone unturned in evaluating the possibilities. :confused::mad::eek::oops::drool:
:blah::wtf::doh::blam:

One conclusion I've reached: With the "feedback" carburetor, the GM engineers did a really fine job with a very bad idea. :D

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor