Repair power antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
My power antenna just runs and nothing happens. I ordered a replacement repair kit. Question is what is the best way to get to the power antenna? It looks like the inner fender well needs to come out.
Thanks

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Or just replace the windshield with the earlier years model, has the antenna line in it. Not power, but I've never lacked for good reception. Seems like I listen to CDs more nowadays anyway.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
Changed out cable in the power antenna yesterday. Probably would have been better to buy a new car. Whoever designed that set up had their head in the anal opening.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Nice :lol:

I always see power antennas on g-bodies at junkyards. never bought onebecause figure they are broken, and because of the hassle to install/replace one. as you know :lol:

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Stationary.

to anyone who knows out there: just curious, if you had the factory antenna in the windshield thing, there was no hole in the fender right? so it's like having a factory shaved antenna?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Yup, no hole in the fender. My Malibu wagon has it, and it works great. Although if you want to convert to a windshield antenna, there's a special cable that goes through the firewall right at the center base of the windshield and plugs into the wires coming out of the glass.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Sweet! i wish my car had that!!

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
I like my antenna in the windsheild. Make the car look a lot cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor