Replaceing speakers (Speaker Size Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Those metal brackets aren't to hard to make. I had a 75 Olds that had one 6x9 in the back from factory. But the hole and grill were on the other side. So I bought a set of new 6x9s and used the factory clamp on one side. And made my own clamp (redneck style lol) out of 2 coat hangers. In the end, the one I made was a lot more sturdy than the original one.

So if you get one of those sets, just make your own brackets.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Yeah, those brackets they come with are very wimpy. You are better off making your own anyways.

johnny79

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2009
DC
Just finished installing 6x9 in the factory mounts with the adapters from crutchfield (no cutting the decklid). Also put in a RetroSound Model One. Looks killer and didn't have to cut the dash!

I'll start a thread with pics.

86Limited

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2009
The Gunshine State, Fl
johnny79 said:
Just finished installing 6x9 in the factory mounts with the adapters from crutchfield (no cutting the decklid). Also put in a RetroSound Model One. Looks killer and didn't have to cut the dash!

Thats Awesome, any chance you could post some pic's? I'm deffinetly trying to avoid any cutting In the rear deck also. And where did you get the RetroSound Model One from?

johnny79

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2009
DC
86Limited said:
johnny79 said:

Thats Awesome, any chance you could post some pic's? I'm deffinetly trying to avoid any cutting In the rear deck also. And where did you get the RetroSound Model One from?

Crutchfield. I need to do a proper post. They gave me the wrong plate; called the manufacturer, real nice and got it fixed. It was a B**** to install, totally massaged into place, but it looks great. I'll post tomorrow a full run down.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor