RACING Replacement Derin Bushings

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
So my winter plans are swapping out the 5660 front springs for some 5662 for a little stiffer front end. As part of this, I'm wanting to replace my front lower A Arm poly bushings with Delrin. I've been unable to find any replacement bushings. The poly bushings have probably 65K miles on them, but I have tall lower ball joints with only 20K on them, so not really wanting to replace the whole arms.

Any recommendations for a supplier for just the bushings? TIA!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Global West may be your source.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Global West may be your source.

Excellent, Thanks! Anyone have any experience with them?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've bought from them in the past and I've never had an issue, They've been in the game for a long time.

Reactions: 1 user

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Just an update for anyone that enjoys swapping out springs every other year lol....

I changed from Poly to Delrin lower control arm bushings, with the A-arms still on the car. Fun! At the same time removed uncut 5660's and went to uncut 5662's. The front end might have went up 1/4". The ride is still decent, it's acutally not as firm as I thougth. I'm still running 235/60/15's in the front. still waiting on my 17's to get painted, so that will change ride height and quality. So far, I've been pleased with the firmness, not unnecessarily harsh. The ride height from the ground to the front frame rail is 7 5/8" with tall lower balljoints. The fender height is 26", so the ride height is roughly stockish. I'll reevaluate if the springs need cut, once I get the 17's on.

Attachments

• cutlass 5662.jpg
    cutlass 5662.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I have cut 5660s with all Delrin (Global West) on the silver car. It's been great.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor