Replacing ValveSprings Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
Is it safe to just bring the piston up in the cylinder so that the valves can fall in once removed, and just let the piston catch it? Or will that cause some sort of damage to the piston?

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
It won't damage the piston. I would probably put something in the cylinder though, maybe some string, something small you can feed through or you can buy an attachment for an air compressor that pushes air to keep the valve from falling.

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
It won't damage the piston. I would probably put something in the cylinder though, maybe some string, something small you can feed through or you can buy an attachment for an air compressor that pushes air to keep the valve from falling.

Im aware of the attachment for the air compressor, but for this next job, i won't be near an air compressor :cry:

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Stuff some small rope in there.

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
I hadn't that of that thanks alot for the info, i think i definitely will try that method 8)

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
lildudefl said:
I hadn't that of that thanks alot for the info, i think i definitely will try that method 8)

Did ya not read my post haha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor