Reproduction parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
So my question is who has the best reproduction parts for our G bodies ones that we don't have to spend hours making fit grinding and sanding away at them to make them work I know we'll have to make some adjustments but not a two day deal

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I don't think there is a one stop place. I went all over getting stuff for my El Camino. I looked at reviews, this site, availability and such. The cash for clunkers program took so many used parts off of the world. Shame. I rely on brand names and what part am I getting. If it's electrical or ignition I go with A/C Delco. Suspension I would go to Moog. Boils down to research and as I did and still do, this site.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The answer is sadly nobody.

Some parts there is only one source for, some parts there is NO source for, and some parts it's a single manufacturer that get sold through a bunch of vendors at different prices.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Most replacement parts are made in China or India including AC Delco..

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
As pointed out by others above, you have to do research, and check through suppliers and sites like this one. If there's one thing I could add, it's to be vigilant. Always be on the lookout for vehicles being parted out, check U-Pull It yards, classified, anywhere you can think of. I understand that some stuff does not survive the ravages of time, and wear and tear, and for that you need to find good reproduction sources, but many hard parts last many years, and can be found through diligence, patience and persistence. Hunting can be frustrating, but it can yield rewards. Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
OLD SCHOOL ACDelco. Not that new junk. Not all new ACDelco items are chinesium, but most are not made within the U.S. They could save a lot of money on shipping them back to the U.S. if they just put them in backpacks and people can pick them up in El Paso, etc....eventually. :)

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It depends on which Gbody, I have a lot of quality aftermarket parts on both my Monte and Regal.
Many of my parts for my 86' Regal like the 87' grill, hood tach, wheel flares etc. I bought from The Parts Place.
I considered the quality to be good but I am also not going for a factory restoration look.
I believe my black headlight bezels, front turn signals, front side marker lights and front spoiler are all from GbodyParts Ebay store and no I did not have any issues with them.
As stated, there is no one place shopping.

IMG_20200501_195709951_HDR (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'll be honest on this view, we don't have a '69 Camaro, Tri-five Chevy, Vette or even a '65-'70 Mustang so the quality of reproduction for our cars won't be at the same level of quality. Not saying we don't have good parts out there for us but they haven't made it to that tier level for parts being made. There are junk parts out there those I listed but it's easier to avoid them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor