Restoring factory ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I know that but I didnt realize what car you had. I used the Regal line in my Malibu because the serpentine setup on the GM crate motor puts the AC on the right side. I also had to use a Cutlass condenser and had one line from the compressor shortened.
Surprised you couldnt find a used liquid line. Figured there would still be some Montes in the junk yards.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I know that but I didnt realize what car you had. I used the Regal line in my Malibu because the serpentine setup on the GM crate motor puts the AC on the right side. I also had to use a Cutlass condenser and had one line from the compressor shortened.
Surprised you couldnt find a used liquid line. Figured there would still be some Montes in the junk yards.
I haven't explored all of the wrecking yards in my area, but the ones I frequent most are recyclers that crush the cars after 3-6 weeks depending on how many cars pass through. The number of Gbody vehicles I see on their website has dwindled quickly over the last couple of years.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Anybody have experience with the "Pit Stop Auto" Kit?

The kit has recently been reduced to $230 and It's the stock style compressor but made in Korea with
  • Compressor & Clutch
  • Receiver Drier
  • Expansion Valve or Orifice Tube or Liquid Line /w Orifice Tube
  • 8 oz bottle of PAG Oil
  • Seal Kit
I had been eyeing up the Original Air Stage 1 Olds G-body kit but the price had been holding me back, but $230 is a lot easier pill to swallow. But not if it's garbage. There are 2 eBay reviews that are favorable other than 1 guy bought the wrong compressor for his Monte with the plug in the wrong place (Olds is 12 O'clock and Monte is 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor