Return Line Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't believe that a vented cap ever existed that has the screw in design our cars use. Those older vented cars had a twist lock type similar to a radiator cap. Your cap is vented, but only to let air in, not out. I'm sure you could modify it to breath in both directions.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Bonnewagon said:
I don't believe that a vented cap ever existed that has the screw in design our cars use. Those older vented cars had a twist lock type similar to a radiator cap. Your cap is vented, but only to let air in, not out. I'm sure you could modify it to breath in both directions.

all right so i did a little research and found pre-release caps which are supposed to release in the correct direction i need it to. they are made by stant #10501 and is also the locking style i wanted to prevent some shenanigans
carquest 350064
napa 7031614

im hoping this releases enough pressure if not i will make some personal changes to it. i hope me providing some part numbers will also help somebody down the line that has the same needs as me

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Check the Rockauto description. Pre-release means that 1/2 turn releases fuel tank pressure so it doesn't vomit fuel when you open it. It still keeps the pressure in when screwed down tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor