reverse/neutral safety switch wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
I found a fantastic write-up on these columns:

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/images/d/d6/Jazzman_Steering_Rack_Rebuild.pdf

Look on page 69 as it is clear how the lock-out works in the diagram on that page.
On mine, either the cast piece on end of the rod or that slotted ledge inside the bowl is. I won't know which until I tear it down. Either way, a PO must have forced it to make one of those 2 things break.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Update

Just got back in town yesterday and had time today to disassemble my column.
I found the broken part. From the research I did and the help I got here I pretty much figured this would be the part I'd find broken.

IMG_00572.JPG

IMG_00661.JPG

Thanks to all for the help.

Now, I need to try to find the part. If anyone has is parting out an old column, I'd sure be interested in buying this ignition rod from it.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
t01blaze said:
I don't have that part after all. Sorry.
Thanks.
I sand blasted the part to clean and rough up and then epoxied it with JB Weld. I think this is going to work.
I'll post a photo when it's done.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Btw, in this photo you can see exactly how this exactly works.
The wedge shape on the rear of the cast piece attached to the end of the rod is blocked unless lined up at the arrows I put on the photo (when bowl rotates with the shifter).

IMG_00952.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor