OLDS Reverse rotation Olds water pumps

octoadam

n00b
May 20, 2023
Anyone have a in stock part number for a water pump I ordered the kit not realizing the pump was going to be on backorder

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
The US Motor Works US5012 was the only one I have found. I bought two a coupla years ago when they were in stock as I was going to need at least one. I could possibly sell ya one of mine.

Reactions: 1 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Here are the two. I am thinking I should send you the one on the right as it turns more freely and has more vanes in the impeller. I am thinking of sending the one on the left to GMB for a new bearing and closed impeller.

1684769155660.png

1684769176395.png

And I'll send the gasket too.

Reactions: 1 user

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I'm sending you the better one of the two. Better that you can just install and go rather than dealing with any issues out of the box. Who knows when I will get to my own install... :ROFLMAO:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Now that I am looking at them more closely, are the impellers on the reverse rotation ones backwards? They seem to be the same as the normal rotation type even though they are supposed to turn the opposite direction.

Hope James will chime in with a pic of one the reverse rotation ones he has...
No. They're not backwards. If you look closely at the impellers, they're basically straight paddles that push the water around. So technically, the gussets for the paddles don't make a hill of bean's difference which rotation you have. They appear to be using the same paddle vanes for either rotation. It's the volute that makes the difference as it's a mirror image of the "normal" rotational pump.

In a few words...you are good.

Reactions: 1 users

octoadam

n00b
May 20, 2023
I'm sending you the better one of the two. Better that you can just install and go rather than dealing with any issues out of the box. Who knows when I will get to my own install... :ROFLMAO:
that’s awesome man people like you make the car community my favorite

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor