Rewire or not to rewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky 1985

Apprentice
May 5, 2016
Key to any wiring is to wrap wires that are going to end up close to each other (Location) and/or function. These "legs" of wire begin to make your harness look clean. That is why OEM harness use looms to keep wires in bunches and only the terminal at the component sticks out of it a few inches. Like Built6 shows. The bird's nest of wires seems daunting but once you break it down into smaller bunches it become manageable. Label each end as to what component it ends at. This is my harness of wires to power the e-fans. Line ties are great to keep them together. Lay it out in your mind and then layout in the car and start to make the bundles of wires. I routed mine in car with only a few ties then took it out and loomed it.
Excellent pointers! Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor