Ricer mufflers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it done. There was a 68'(i think) camaro in one of the chevy mags a few years ago that ran them. Motor was a fuel injected 496. Nice car with big power. I don't see why anyone would think that they have to much restriction. The one I put on my sentra is a straight through muffler. Internally it looks just like a cherry bomb. At least 2 1/4 diameter all the way through.

Yeah but how does it sound though?

The camaro? Don't know. The sentra? Like a pos ricer, lol. I tried to slip that muffler in the pipe on my malibu, but it was to loose of a fit for it to do anything. And at idle it doesn't really matter what muffler i run it sounds the same. Loud and choppy.

Most of them are basically glass packs, so they should sound similar. Glass packs are only restrictive if they have a poor design with a louvered center pipe. If they are punched, they have far less restriction. I have heard import mufflers that sounded great, and those that sounded like sh*t. Generally, the better brands like Apex, etc. are better made and have a nicer sound to them. Cheap stuff like APC tends to be the bad sounding stuff. As for putting them on a musclecar, the vehicle's architecture generally works against that. Remember, your typical subcompact has it's muffler there stock, so it is designed with enough room for it to be there. The typical musclecar is designed for the mufflers to be under the back seat, or between the axle and gas tank. What I would like to try is putting two mufflers under the seats, but then having two (or one with 2 in, 2 out) in the behind the axle cross over position. If you used free flowing enough mufflers, it would make for a very quiet car that gives up little in the way of power. Very nice for a sleeper, or to keep pesky cops from harassing you.

heard one on a v8 explorer. sounded really good till they let off the gas and it started popping. cant explain why it sounded like that , but it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor