rockers, problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wtf: ok first off dont start it with the valve covers off get a old set of valve covers cut a strip out of the center of them to where u can see the nut in the lifter wow now u can start it with NO mess :rofl: .now get the motor to top dead center and do 1-3-4-8 on the ex and 1-2-5-7 on the in then spin the motor over ones so that 6 is at tdc and do 2-5-6-7 on the ex then 3-4-6-8 on the in.tightin them down till u can hardly spin the push rod and move to the next. if the push rod moves up in down thats bad but a little spin is alright if u dont take the distributor out u wont have to mess with re timeing it. put eveything back on the motor start it and let it worm up if it sounds alright take it for a drive

cutlass79 said:
:wtf: ok first off dont start it with the valve covers off get a old set of valve covers cut a strip out of the center of them to where u can see the nut in the lifter wow now u can start it with NO mess :rofl: .now get the motor to top dead center and do 1-3-4-8 on the ex and 1-2-5-7 on the in then spin the motor over ones so that 6 is at tdc and do 2-5-6-7 on the ex then 3-4-6-8 on the in.tightin them down till u can hardly spin the push rod and move to the next. if the push rod moves up in down thats bad but a little spin is alright if u dont take the distributor out u wont have to mess with re timeing it. put eveything back on the motor start it and let it worm up if it sounds alright take it for a drive

I actually saw that on a youtube video the guy cut a little strip in it so he had access to the rockers and there was no mess.
That's clever and Thanks for reminding me of it.

But thank you very much for the How-to, i appreciate all the help I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor