"Roll call" on g-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I do agree that you're walking a very thin line when it comes to being tagged as a "redneck" when you start putting stickers on your windows. :lol:

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I would vote no also, if you did maybe move it more to the fender and have an early 442 style stipes on either side of the list.

[email protected]

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I gotta get in on this one...I hate stickers. I don't put them on my car, my expensive toolbox, anything really. I have a big annoyance with the weekend warriors that go for that strip car appearance, boasting the names of all their parts they paid good money for, when the reason the names are on the race cars is...they are paid to be put on there. When they start paying for my parts I'll put their name on my car, until that day I'll leave that to the nascar enthusiasts, rednecks, ricers, and other people who enjoy gaudy things. I personally don't have any emblems on any of my cars, less is more.

Larryg

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2008
western Mass
I like stickers. I admit more often than not they look gaudy and ghetto, but done correctly and they look "race track". The drag race looking cars look great with stickers. Check out the galleries from your local track.

And why hate on the NASCAR look? These G bodies pulled NASCAR into the modern age. DW had a hell of a run in his G bodies. Regals and Monte Carlos ruled Nascar for quite a few years. I think anybody setting up a NASCAR style car would be better off with a g body than any other style car. Them things were dropped REAL low too! Again, not my style for a daily driver but I do like the looks on someone else's car. 8) You can leave off the window netting. :wink:

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Sorry, but I am just not a fan of turning left for 500 miles. If someone else likes it, they are welcome to it. As for me, I prefer WRC to NASCAR. The cars are more stock and the racing is more interesting. "Car of Tomorrow"? I think they got that right. They are all identical and controlled by a maniacal governing body, much like regular cars are today.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
jrm81bu said:
markcp said:
All my stickers go on the garage refrigerator, none on the car.

My lawnmower.

my laptop.

EDIT: also i agree with Mickey... 'Less is more.'
Best phrase ever.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
LOL... I used to have my laptop covered in stickers too, but just recently took them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor