Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
just for referance the inserts are rubber and if you cut around them on the top side they fall out so no grinding is needed

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
yea thats what I did now I just need to deside how I am going to fill the holes

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
I will shave mine soon.I think the plan of attack (and i do body work and paint) is to drop the liner..grind a small spot and use metal,glued in with panel bond material,then filler on top that way there is no welding or warping and it will be waterproof..it holds like crazy,i have seen quarterpanels smashed and the glue intact.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
thats not a bad idea think I may try that, where do you get the panel bond

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
Any body shop /paint supplier sells them.Fusor is a good brand.I think Evercoat has something called Maxim..in caulk tubes so you dont need a special gun.Sme dry faster than others so if it were me,id have all of the metal patches ready,and all the holes ground first,glue the patch,stick it to the roof,put tape over it until it dries so it doesnt fall down and presto.Put your liner back in..go to the top,grind the top a little,bevel those edges just a bit..then apply the bonding in the holes..once dried.grind them smooth,apply a thin coat of polyester putty etc.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor