Running a/c with no ecm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
Jim H. said:
I removed my computer from my 84 H/O and retrofitted the a/c to the new stuff and have had it running only thing I have noticed is the high setting doesn't seem to blow out very hard from the vents but I have never considered removing the computer would be a problem. Would this affect the blower speed?

The blower high speed is run off a solenoid that gets power directly from the junction on the starter. There's a connector somewhere between the starter and the solenoid that's known for melting down. You might have a problem with this, or the solenoid itself. It's a small silver box not far from the blower motor.

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
changed the distributor to msd and had a custom made carb made by Dave Kauffung who did all the hard work as for my lockup convertor I haven't done anything to it and the trans seems to be alright last trip I took I had an average of 20mpg which I thought was great. But will check the a/c to see if there is a problem with the small silver box solenoid thanks.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
the wire to the ECM is probably a WOT cutoff switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor