s10 spindle on 84 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

regalonbags

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2008
i was wondering if a 82-03 s10 drop spindle will work on my 84 regal with out changing anything? and if i do have to change things what do i have to change? thanks

chrias

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 3, 2008
It will fit and you don't have to change anything. The 82-94 S10 front suspension is the same as the G-Bodies

RollinSingle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2008
Central, IL
Yes they will fit, only need an alignment when done, toe will be off around 2-3 degrees. Any year 2wd s10 TRUCK and any '97 and older 2wd Blazer has the same control arms and spindles, and will work on any G-body. '98 and new Blazers used a sealed front bearing.

regalonbags

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2008
so the control arms off of any year 2wd s10 will work on my regal and so will the tubular ones

regalonbags

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2008
you say the 97 and older front a arms and spindels will work but when you order both of them it always says 82-03?

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
'03 is for pickup only. What RollinSingle said is the 2wd S10 BLAZERS and JIMMIES had different spindles from '98 and up, but pickups stayed the same. You could still use the '98+ Blazer/Jimmy spindles (better brakes actually), but you would need the spindle, hub assembly, caliper, and rotor. Should you choose this route though, make sure to do it in pairs.

Lawfree

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2008
The 98' and later Blazer and GMC sealed bearing units should be a bolt on using the stock suspension on any G body. Just make sure you get the units off a 2wd truck not 4wd. Some of the Blazer extreme packages came with some serious dual piston brake calipers and larger rotors too.
Another member here might have already done this conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor