Sarasota Fairgrounds Jan 27 -- 2000 cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
HEADS UP! FREE CRUISE IN - DEVEREAUX- KAISER CAR MEET IN SARASOTA

Up to 2000 show cars attending with a large car corral. I haven't attended for the last couple years due to inclement weather, but hoping it will be nice this year. It's been held in Lakewood Ranch for the last few years, but it seems it's now been moved to Sarasota County Fairgrounds.

https://flacarshows.com/events/event...open-car-show/

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My friend in Bradenton tells me about it every year. Maybe this year I'll actually get off my *ss and go.
He would tell me what a nice event it is. But again that's at the original venue.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Yeah, it's roughly a 3 hr drive for me...maybe a little less, depending on my speed. It's been awhile since I made that trip. If I recall, I would get off at the SR 70 exit.

I think the new location is a one or two exits south of that. Not much further, but further. First, we have to get to that weekend, and then we need palatable weather. The last two years, not so much.
biggrin.gif

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah, it's roughly a 3 hr drive for me...maybe a little less, depending on my speed. It's been awhile since I made that trip. If I recall, I would get off at the SR 70 exit.

would you be heading there in your Porsche?

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
would you be heading there in your Porsche?
No, probably my Oldsmobile. The Porsche hasn't been on a road trip in quite a few years...well... more than a few. I could take the wagon, though.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think the new location is a one or two exits south of that. Not much further, but further. First, we have to get to that weekend, and then we need palatable weather. The last two years, not so much.
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I notice every time there's an event planned, the weather ends up turning to sh*t.
This year is no exception. It's had some of the screwiest weather that I can remember.

• Agree

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
HEADS UP! FREE CRUISE IN - DEVEREAUX- KAISER CAR MEET IN SARASOTA

Up to 2000 show cars attending with a large car corral. I haven't attended for the last couple years due to inclement weather, but hoping it will be nice this year. It's been held in Lakewood Ranch for the last few years, but it seems it's now been moved to Sarasota County Fairgrounds.

https://flacarshows.com/events/event...open-car-show/

This cruise-in has finally been re-sceduled for this Sunday, April 28, 2019

https://www.meetup.com/West-Coast-Photo-Group-of-Florida/events/259778189/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor