Sbc 350 headers on 78-80 cutlass fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I've used flowtech on all my sbc projects with good luck. If you don't mind a dent or scratch marks look on holleys ebay account you can get discount headers for next to nothing. I got my last set of longtubes there and it was missing the gaskets and had a small dent for under 75 dollars with free shipping.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
I also have a sbc in a 1980 cutlass. I'm running flotech tri Y full length headers. I have no issues with fitment between block and frame or suspension. I did however have to modify my column shift linkage for the trans.

I looked up flotech tri Y headers on summits site and they are different than my current setup. I would get you pics of my setup. But I have a car under my lift that is smack in the middle of a fresh brake install including new lines. Once that is finished, I'll try and post some pics.

GOD or Nothing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2019
Reall
I also have a sbc in a 1980 cutlass. I'm running flotech tri Y full length headers. I have no issues with fitment between block and frame or suspension. I did however have to modify my column shift linkage for the trans.

I looked up flotech tri Y headers on summits site and they are different than my current setup. I would get you pics of my setup. But I have a car under my lift that is smack in the middle of a fresh brake install including new lines. Once that is finished, I'll try and post some pics.
Really appreciate that if i could get some full length on my car it would be nice.. take your time i still got time on my project.. thnks

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
No problem. Are you keeping the AC system on your car. I was able to keep mine without issue so far.

GOD or Nothing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2019
No problem. Are you keeping the AC system on your car. I was able to keep mine without issue so far.
Ac dosent work. But i plan on fixing that in time. Do you get more power from long heads . Or is ther no difference .. what is the cutty. Used for.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
My cutlass will be a driver, no strip or racing. I added the tri y to mine to help add some torque. Not sure if it will be a noticeable gain in the long run. I'm running 2.5" exhaust as well. Since my car has not made its maiden voyage, I have no idea on performance of my 383 with these headers.

Others on here could better say/add advise on benefits of full length headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor