SBC GBODY Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudweizer

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2008
Houston,TX
If you have some in your sbc gbody, what kind do you have and if you had to buy a new set would you buy the same or different ones?

I have a set of 1-3/4 to 3.5 schoenfeld headers, they don't work with a/c or column shift so I'm in the market for a different set. I originally purchased those for my other regal that I sold. In my new regal I want to keep a/c and column shift.

I run the cheap longutbe Flowtech's and I would buy another set if needed. I would take the time and money to coat them with a good high temp ceramic coating. But they fit good, no clearance issues

Flowtech coated long tubes. I'd buy another set, these have lasted me about ten years now. Looking to move up to the scheonfelds on the next set though.

I've got ceramic-coated DynoMax full-length headers in my Olds wagon.
They were in my 442 when it had a sbc for a while too.

They cleared the a/c box in the 442 fine, as well as the non a/c box in the wagon.

On the 442 there was no problem with the column linkage, but it touches slightly on the wagon. Once I finally take an hour or two to fix it, it should be fine as well.

I'd buy another set if I needed to for sure.

cheapie dynomax longtubes.... they are a PITA to install, but gave me a good reason to re-seal and detail the engine while it was out :mrgreen: . they look like a good fit, but can't say how well they work, as I haven't fired the engine up since getting them on... do yourself a favor, and do get the ceramic coated.... will look nicer, longer. :wink:

p.s. make sure whatever you get, that the'll line up with your crossmember. first set I installed were the hooker(?) afterburners, but the had a different profile when it came up the the humps, and didn't even come close to lining up...

HTH

I used the Flowtech Afterburners and would definately buy them again, only this time ceramic coated...jegs description is "Patented velocity tube design increases scavenging and smoothes exhaust pulses, stainless steel turbo chambers 3'' collector for lasting performance" $185.00 oh and congratulations, you have received my 100th post! :friday:

Hooker competition full length headers....Have had them on my car ever since my buddy bought it before i got my hands on it. Old and rusty but they've held up plus they have the air injection tube bungs that allows the air injection pipes to be retained..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor