sbc performer rpm intake vs. hood clearance on 79 malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
while finishing putting my engine and transmission back in the mali i noticed that the carb sits pretty high with this 7104 edelbrock perf rpm manifold. now i have the stock hood and had a performer in before freshing up the engine and had no probs at all. the rpm sits way taller though and i dunno if it will fit under my hood. oh yea, hood is off car and goes back on last after engine break-in.

i eye balled it from fender to fender and the carb is sitting below the line from fenders but i can see the air cleaner rod or stud(stock rod) sticks up pretty good. anyone have an rpm intake under a stock hood?

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
i have one on my monte carlo. stock height k&n, holley double pumper, and a performer rpm airgap. fits like a glove.

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
parts

ok thanks guys. i'll be finding out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor