sbc tpi swap with vortec heads! into 87 cutlass formerly 307

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banana: Looks Good! Congrats!

thanks guys it a pretty straight foward swap. as long as you have a understanding of automotive wiring or want to spend the money for a harness. i know they make one for the g body but am unsure of who makes it because i did not go that route. the fuel line for the 307 olds are on the wrong side for the tpi fuel rails but is easily fixed by running steel line acrossed the crossmember or having the fuel rails modified. other than that its easy. if anyone needs the wirng diagragms for either the motor or the car or any other car send me a message and i will email them to you. thanks again time to start the next swap mustang 8.8 posi.

again nice job on the engine swap...keep us posted on the rear end swap

got the rear collecting parts for the swap. 373 posi from fox body.

I like the hid headlights. Should have a little more push then the ole 307 and 3.73 will help even more.

what frame mounts did you use? I wanna do the same thing in my 86, but not sure on the frame mounts. i ordered the Moroso MOR-62630 solid mounts from Summit. Hope I'm right.

Re: sbc tpi swap with vortec heads! into 87 cutlass formerly

j_tizzle_84 said:
thanks guys it a pretty straight foward swap...the fuel line for the 307 olds are on the wrong side for the tpi fuel rails but is easily fixed by running steel line acrossed the crossmember or having the fuel rails modified. other than that its easy.

Did you use the 5/16 or the 1/4 as the return?

Re: sbc tpi swap with vortec heads! into 87 cutlass formerly

You want at least a 5/16" return line. A 1/4" return would restrict flow back to the tank and your idle pressure would be too high. Since you use the least amount of fuel at idle, that's when most of the fuel would be going back to the tank. If you have a stock type engine, then 3/8" main & 5/16" return would be good. You start getting close to or over 500 hp and it needs to go up to a 3/8 return and probabaly a 1/2" main.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor