Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Reactions: 1 user

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
G-Body of the Month
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
I recall seeing a youtube video showing the UMI brace fitting with the stock GN intercooler. Won't work with a stretch SLIC nor FMIC cause of the charge pipes. The SC&C has the crossbar ahead of the intercooler scoop. Could always have one made.

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I recall seeing a youtube video showing the UMI brace fitting with the stock GN intercooler. Won't work with a stretch SLIC nor FMIC cause of the charge pipes. The SC&C has the crossbar ahead of the intercooler scoop. Could always have one made.
Thanks,
UMI’s triangular front frame brace also places the crossbar in front of the intercooler scoop as well . Here’s a pic
1707652054442.png

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Was hoping to tighten up things by a welded together (1piece) brace vs 3 separate pieces bolted together to the frame
I am wondering if the SC&C bar would do the opposite not having a GP bar that actually connects the frame rails and instead relying on a cross bar welded to round tubing that is farther away from the frame to do the same job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor