SC&C triangular front frame brace

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Looking for an SC&C front triangular frame brace for my Grand National.
I’m pretty sure I’ve read that this will fit the stock factory intercooler on a GN.
Does anyone happen to have one available?
Any contact info for Mark Savitski @ SC&C?
Can’t seem to find it & am wondering if he’s shut down the business ?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
SC&C closed down a few years ago. UMI makes a similar brace but I am not sure if it fits intercooled GNs.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
SC&C closed down a few years ago. UMI makes a similar brace but I am not sure if it fits intercooled GNs.
umi states-"Note: Not currently approved for Grand National platform with intercooler. Occasional grinding may be required due to GM G-body product tolerances. UMI used five test cars for fitment in a variety of years and no grinding was required"

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Make one. Buy the UMI unit and cut it up. Perhaps you could have them ship you one before it gets powder coated to save a couple of bucks.

Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I made my own using some factory bars and additional steel. I have a pte slic, so a custom one was needed.

Reactions: 2 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
If I recall correctly, SC&C did not manufacture any parts themselves; most of the parts for their suspension packages were from different vendors. I have a pro touring package installed on my 87 Elky and will check it to see if there are any labels or markings to identify a manufacturer.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Some members may recall I made my own jounce bars and GP bar out of rigid EMT and the GP bar I had to make to clear my dual oil filter set up and at that time I made a crimper to give the ends a nice finished look.
I also made fender to core support braces on both my Regal and Monte.

Side by side thickness difference with mine and the stock jounce bar.
IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

20220612_184811.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Some members may recall I made my own jounce bars and GP bar out of rigid EMT and the GP bar I had to make to clear my dual oil filter set up and at that time I made a crimper to give the ends a nice finished look.
I also made fender to core support braces on both my Regal and Monte.

Side by side thickness difference with mine and the stock jounce bar.
View attachment 233669
View attachment 233672
View attachment 233679
I always admired how nicely made your body braces were. I'm sure if you decided to produce them, they'd sell. ;)

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor