Scarebird rear disk conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender21

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 20, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
According to the description it has everything needed for a complete conversion. It is brand new as of the newest catalog, so no personal experience, but I have always had a great experience with summits stuff.

shortydoowop138

Greasemonkey
Feb 15, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
Just checked "NoZone.com" & they have the Eldorado rear rotors for $48.99 & they measure 11.07" vice 10.2 for the Summit kits.As for the calipers, they costs $145 per side so either way, you'll be spending roughly $600.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
The Summit kit looks pretty good. I think I'll wait till someone else spends that money before I seriously consider getting it though. I like the top hat parking brakes better than the ones inside the calipers.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
FE3X CLONE said:
Or you could use these:

http://www.flynbye.com/catalog/i30.html

and upgrade to the more modern LT1 rear disc setup.

For what it's worth, I have less than $500 in my LS1 rear disc setup.

And I have 1/2 of that in my rear LS1 rear disks. I got everything used off fleabay, and spent another whopping $25.00 on new hardlines and bent them by hand. Only downside is that I have not hooked up the parking brake ( and probably never will until I swap to a manual shift ). Read up on the thirdgen writeup

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-Rear ... ccessories

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
axisg said:
And I have 1/2 of that in my rear LS1 rear disks. I got everything used off fleabay, and spent another whopping $25.00 on new hardlines and bent them by hand. Only downside is that I have not hooked up the parking brake ( and probably never will until I swap to a manual shift ).

I have seen calipers that have a set up for the gm parking brake cable that sell for $99. When I did the 5 speed conversion I also converted the parking brake to a 4th gen camaro hand brake set up.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
pontiacgp said:
axisg said:
And I have 1/2 of that in my rear LS1 rear disks. I got everything used off fleabay, and spent another whopping $25.00 on new hardlines and bent them by hand. Only downside is that I have not hooked up the parking brake ( and probably never will until I swap to a manual shift ).

I have seen calipers that have a set up for the gm parking brake cable that sell for $99. When I did the 5 speed conversion I also converted the parking brake to a 4th gen camaro hand brake set up.

that sounds like the ElDorado setup where a cable pushes on the brake cylinder ( without the power assist ) to engage the brakes. LS1 uses a drum in hat so the parking brake is setup like a regular ( albeit smaller ) drum brake.

Bonegrater

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
What rim size is the minimum with the eldorado swap? I would like to do this but don't want to part with my 14" SSII rims, but I guess I could go with the 15" ones, or would they be too small?

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
Bonegrater said:
What rim size is the minimum with the eldorado swap? I would like to do this but don't want to part with my 14" SSII rims, but I guess I could go with the 15" ones, or would they be too small?
I believe the Eldorado i was looking at when I went to the yard had 14's on it but I don't know if it will work with the cutlass wheels. I don't want to let mines go either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor