SEA FOAM FLUSH ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELBMINO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 21, 2010
SOCAL
I WANT TO RUN SEAFOAM INSIDE INTAKE, i used this stuff before but only in gas. where/how i run it thru intake or booster? thx.. :friday:

read the instructions! anyway, take the hose off yer brake booster and put some in there while the engine is running and then pour the rest in the carb, killing the engine. let it ist for 5-10 minutes then start the engine again and let it run till the white smoke stops. you just been seafoamed.

Do a search on http://www.youtube.com there are bunch of videos on Seafoam. I have not used It on vehicle but have used on a 2 stroke motor, an outboard and got some good results. I no longer had to prime the hell out of the carb's and I was getting startups on the first turn.

So has anyone done this to their cars? How did it work for you? I might try it because the elco doesn't have the kick *ss power a 350 should have!

i usually got it nice and hot then i would seafoam it .let itsit for 5-10 mins , then take it out and run it . guys that think you can just let it sit there and run. you guys arent reaping the full benifits out of the sea foam. granted tyou might get a ticket , but i generally take it out and open it up.

I haven't used Seafoam in my Malibu yet, but used it in my old Subaru several times over 18 years. It's not a cure-all, just a cleaner.

Based on Seafoam's instructions, I warmed the engine up good, then put 1/3 can in the oil, 1/3 in the gas tank, and 1/3 can through the brake booster vacuum. The engine will probably quit unless you work at keeping it running until it's all in.

Then let it quit or turn it off, wait 10 minutes, start it up and take an agressive drive for 10 minutes or so. Enjoy the strange looks due to all the smoke. Done.

Results depend on what is actually wrong with the car. On the Subaru,it seemed to smooth out the running a bit, must have cleaned something out of there. Putting it in the oil definitely quieted badly ticking lifters after a while.

azmalibuwagon said:
I haven't used Seafoam in my Malibu yet, but used it in my old Subaru several times over 18 years. It's not a cure-all, just a cleaner.

Based on Seafoam's instructions, I warmed the engine up good, then put 1/3 can in the oil, 1/3 in the gas tank, and 1/3 can through the brake booster vacuum. The engine will probably quit unless you work at keeping it running until it's all in.

Then let it quit or turn it off, wait 10 minutes, start it up and take an agressive drive for 10 minutes or so. Enjoy the strange looks due to all the smoke. Done.

Results depend on what is actually wrong with the car. On the Subaru,it seemed to smooth out the running a bit, must have cleaned something out of there. Putting it in the oil definitely quieted badly ticking lifters after a while.

I GOT A CRATE 305 in my el dog bout 80,000 miles dont want to risk it but intake sound like a plan 8)

so i bought a bottle of this the other day. poured some into gas tanks and the rest i save and just used today.
i went ahead and removed the brake booster vac hose like said. poured 1/3 in and before i finished my car was smoking
so i shut it off and waited 15 minutes poured rest into gas tank and drove it full thottle down my streets. dont try this at home kids.. but i do feel it running better... 8)

my old hotrod shop teacher used water.. bec pretty much ur steaming the engine untill the carbon brakes off.. if u ever seen a engine once a head gasket leaks into a cylinder. almost 100% the piston looks like its brand new.. so i tryed it on my old 305 b4 i put my 355 in. and it works amazing.. just took a spray bottle. shot some in the carb for like 25 min.. took the cylinder heads off and the pistons and combustion camber were damn near new!

just a reminder if u suck up to much water. ur engine will hydraulic.. bec we all know lots of water cant be compressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor