Seat belt color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Do any of these companies also sell the door jam switch/control. Mine are nonexistent. I definitely need a set for a 79 Elco

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
silver

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Do any of these companies also sell the door jam switch/control. Mine are nonexistent. I definitely need a set for a 79 Elco

I think those are for retracting seat belts. The guys on here more knowledge can verify that. New seat belts don't require them. The 2 set I've had didn't anyway. But there is a fellow on here that had some for sale.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You say the new seat belts don't need the retractor switches, please tell me more.

They're not for retracting the belts, they prevent the belt from retracting when the door is closed IF you pull it out until it ratchets/locks. This allows you to keep the belt from pulling against you all the time. A feature sadly not present in new cars

Reactions: 1 user

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Thanks Ribbedroof, I knew someone would explain it very well. The new belts don't require the lever, just there for the correct look.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Since the new belts don't need them I'm going to weld the holes up. Seatbelts Plus seems to have the better price. Thanx guys

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
On my Monte I just kept the plastic piece and glued a plastic plug where the hole was.
IMG_2138.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor