Seat belt won't retract

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My seat belt worn't retract and it's fully extended so the car is parked till I fix it. Is there any quick way to to do it or am I stuck pulling the rear seat out to remove the panel?

Thanks

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Not sure if you already checked this, and I don't know what it's called, but when you open the door, there's this little spring loaded lever, which is supposed to cause the seatbelt to retract. Sometimes you have to play with that or replace them.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The levers are plastic and frequently break...
You can also remove it for a bit of access to look/poke around in there before you take the plunge and pull the interior panels.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks guys, the lever is ok. I did take a look at it by pulling the trim for the panel off and that allows the panel to be puled open a bit I think I'll just remove the panel and stop trying to be lazy.. :)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
got it fixed..it took me one shot to do what I was trying to do last nite. Long screw driver to flip the lever to allow the belt to retract. I tried it for about 15 minutes last nite and thought I had tried to push the lever but it didn't seem to want to move. It's working fine now. There's been a few glitches after the car has been sitting over the winter. I think she is pissed for being ignored... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor