Seat help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian B

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2015
Anyone know what the spring is for under the bucket seats in my 85 ss. It face front to back and connects to seat mounting brackets. It broke and I can't find the function of it on passenger side.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It holds the adjust rod in place so it locks the seat

INT-959-1.jpg

Brian B

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2015
This is the broken spring, the one end is snapped off, and it had a netting around it if that helps.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Mine came off on the driver side too. Same spring is in the Firebird seats. It is a nice to have but not necessary. When you pull the lever to adjust the seat with no weight in the seat it will move the seat all the way forward. This makes it easier for people to get in the rear of the car. Without it you have to pull the lever and push the seat forward. Since it works on my passenger side and that is the side that my kids generally get in on I did not bother to fix mine.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
What he said.

I just swapped F body seats into my Monte and left both off on purpose. My G body tracks were recently cleaned and lubed and if you moved the front lever, they would fly foward. I didnt care for that at all.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
What he said.

I just swapped F body seats into my Monte and left both off on purpose. My G body tracks were recently cleaned and lubed and if you moved the front lever, they would fly foward. I didnt care for that at all.

Lol, I could see that getting a bit annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor