Sedan/Wagon rear door glass channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Anybody have a source to get the fuzzy channel that slips into the window frame to set and seal the door glass? I believe it's the same front and rear.

Mine was petrified and crumbled as I tried to disassemble my vent windows. For the time being, I'll pull the stuff out of my Malibu, but once it comes time for paint, I'd like to put some nice fresh pieces in there.

I checked Steele Rubber Products and couldn't find anything on their website... and they're usually my go-to guys for finding stuff.

Are there any vendors that carry it, or will I have to find some universal stuff and make that work?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake,
I think the only alternative I can see is the universal stuff. I've heard that the OEM window channels are NLA and probably expensive if you can find some NOS parts out there.
If you look at the pieces of channel laid out. You'll see that there's at least 2 or 3 different sizes..and of course they're bonded together.
I would like to look into a source for window channel. I think there's a definite need for this stuff.
As you said, this stuff is very brittle when you try to remove it, it easily cracks and breaks up.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor