SEM paint stripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I quite accidentally found a product that totally strips off SEM interior paint. Believe it or not it’s Kirker Pre Cleaner 650 Wax and Grease Remover sold through Eastwood and probably other vendors. I went to clean an interior part that I previously painted with SEM Paint. IT TOOK THE PAINT RIGHT OFF. I couldn’t believe it. So now you know if a SEM paint job messes up for any reason, it can be easily stripped and pre-cleaned at the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
that's not surprising,it's not catalyzed and all.especially being an interior finish it not formulated to get very hard as it needs to be very thin to keep from filling in texture and remain a bit flexible.if your finish was a little aged it might of been a bit more resistant to softening but not as much as we would like.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor