PONTIAC Sending Greetings from Ontario, Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Welcome! I'm also Chris, and from Toronto, but that was when the dinosaurs roamed the planet. Passed through Trenton driving back and forth from our then-home in Ottawa, many times in the early '80s, driving the near-twin to the Cutlass I have, now. Love the last of the full-size GM RWD cars, too - my late father had a bunch of them over the years. You've picked a couple of winners to start off with! Easy to work on, parts are relatively cheap, and there are lots of fellow travelers to help with advice, and experience.
Hi! Sounds like good times you had there for sure. And Cutlass? Very nice. Those and the Delta 88's are my favorite Olds vehicles.

And thank you, I figured those were two household names in the RWD, 80's cars and I wanted to stand out a bit hah.

Plenty of space in the engine bay to do my work, and I agree parts are cheap, dime a dozen! I'm very happy to hear this community, is willing to share their thoughts, and knowledge with me, as I journey into the world of the G Body. Cheers man.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Hi there! Brampton man eh? I grew up on Clark Blvd and Princeton Terrace.
Professors Lake. Just a couple blocks away. yeah, we moved from Parkdale in Toronto and bought a house in G section planning a 2 year reno and flip. That was 14 years ago now......

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Professors Lake. Just a couple blocks away. yeah, we moved from Parkdale in Toronto and bought a house in G section planning a 2 year reno and flip. That was 14 years ago now......

Kennedy Rd and Williams Dragway (yes, Dragway) here. For 30 years I lived within a few blocks of that intersection.

Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Williams is kinda like that. Kennedy to Centre and Grenoble to Torbram heading west seem to have a bit of rubber put down on the asphalt. It runs right by my backyard

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Williams is kinda like that. Kennedy to Centre and Grenoble to Torbram heading west seem to have a bit of rubber put down on the asphalt. It runs right by my backyard

The cool part was it had a clear view and it was divided. So you'd cruise it once to check for the man, loop around and well... the rest is between me and my attorney.

Reactions: 1 users

rwd_pete

Greasemonkey
Oct 3, 2006
Niagara Falls
Hi
I have too many old magazines and I started recycling some of them and cutting out any G body road tests or other interesting articles. I don't know if there is any copyright issues but here is one on a Bonneville Model G. I didn't know you could get a V6 4bbl in them. Sounds "neck snapping".
1982 Bonneville Model G.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor