Serpentine Setup and Cutlass Condensor

M

mikester

Royal Smart Person
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive had some time to mess around with the damaged Cutless condensor. A few questions though.
The condensor has four 90 degree tabs held on by screws. Do they stay on or get removed ? Theyre right where the rubber saddles go and it looks like the condensor would fit okay without them.
Im assuming the condensor sits in place at a slight angle ? This one tilts in towards the top a little. Normal ?
Last question is the important one. On a Malibu or Monte, do you have to notch the radiator support where the two lines are ? It looks like both lines are goint to hit the support. Bend them ? Try to shift it to the left or notch it ?

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The new parallel flow condensers are thinner than the tube and fin design and those tabs are there so it fits in the original mounts.

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Do you have to notch the support ?
I think mine is a Spectra and I bought it for a 86' Olds 307 and I had no issues with fitting the core support.

M

mikester

Royal Smart Person
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I think mine is a Spectra and I bought it for a 86' Olds 307 and I had no issues with fitting the core support.

Last update for the night. Got the refund for the condensor from the Rockauto fiasco. I ordered another one from Autozone. Got it in two days. Made by Spectra. Probably the same one you have in your car. Came in undamaged which was good. I dont know why my support is different but I had to trim it back where the lines are. It didnt take long to do. I cut it back about 1/2" and curved the ends. It was too small to do with a regular cut off wheel and grinder so I wound up doing it with a Dremel and a small wheel. It took longer to take the grill out so I had room to work. This is the condensor I bought. Same as yours ?

shopping.png

Reactions: Longroof79

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor