serpentine setup from blazer with tpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have been searching for a serpentine setup for both of my g bodys with sbc 350s. anyways i know the 4.3 blazer setups will bolt right on and i really like them because they do not have a smog pump or even a spot to put the smog pump BUT i am not sure that my soon to be added tuned port injection setups intake will clear the brackets for sure. it really looks like it will but i am not 100% sure. the vortec 4.3 even has a similar air intake but its smaller, but it also clears just fine. anybody tried this exact deal??

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I think the ones off a later 3rd gen F body or some B bodies will work too.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Can you just remove the smog pump on the f body set up and run a shorter belt? Or maybe someone makes an idler pully to go in place of the pump.

You might want to check GMPP Catelog. They sell a serpentine kit for the crate motors. I don't remember for sure, but I think it was like $700 but I think it included the alternator, air conditioning compressor and power steering pump plus all of the pulleys and brackets. It is probably based off of a producton set up. The dealer might be able to cross reference the parts and tell you what kind of car to look for in the junk yard.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure about the S-10 setups, but I know the ones from a full size truck will not clear TPI. The F/B-body setups can have the smog pump removed - there is a delete pulley you can get, but you can route the belt without it as well.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
i have most parts for a serp setup from a 4.3 in an astro, lemme know if you need any of those parts....if any of em will work

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i know i can remove the smog pump and re route the belt on the f/b body but then i have a empty looking bracket that will look odd and not very showable. i have this setup in the blazer i have so i think i am going to take some measurements as best as possible and see what that looks like.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Yes, I also don't care for the look of an empty bracket, which is why I am going to use a delete pulley (on order).
There are two types of delete pullies:

MVC-008s.gif

airinjectdelete.jpg

Other guys have cut the bracket to completely remove the smog portion:
P1010328.jpg

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/faq-b ... mog-3.html

If the S-10 brackets are different from the full size trucks and work with TPI, post back - would be interesting to know. Do you have a pic of the S-10 setup? I could probably tell you if it is the same as the full size trucks

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
those delete pulleys cost way to much for what they are. you can do it without the delete and save the 75 bucks

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
regalman4925 said:
those delete pulleys cost way to much for what they are. you can do it without the delete and save the 75 bucks

Well if the S-10 setup doesn't end up fitting (with the TPI), and you don't like an empty bracket, then you are out of options ;) Just trying to help ya out 8)

moderndaymuslce.com has them a touch cheaper, that's where I ended up ordering mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor