Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
it always seems backwards to me.
Yes, it is backwards. Turning it clockwise pulls the finger AWAY from the vacuum pull-off, thus closing the opening. Turning counter clockwise moves the finger TOWARDS the pull-off, opening the flap more. Don't feel bad I actually had to go look at a carb sitting on a stand on my workbench to make sure. When you get it just right the carb will start and run at a fast idle smoothly with no hiccups. Remember that the fast idle setting works in concert with the choke pull-off. I set mine at 1500 rpm and only then do I adjust the pull-off.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, looking at the choke pull off you expect to turn the screw counter clockwise not expecting to turn it clockwise. It does seem backward.

I think my fast idle is in the ballpark...1500-1600 rpm, but I'll check that after I get the choke pull off where it should be.
Thanks again, Mark....and Christian as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor