She's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrari1day

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2016
Housotn Tx
This is my first car.. I brought it 16 years ago.. I drove through high school and college. When I got my "Real Job" she went to storage. I started working on her back in October..Just wanted to share.. I'm new to this forum
Thanks Eric

Attachments

• malibu.jpg
    malibu.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 165
  • malibu 2.jpg
    malibu 2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 166
  • malibu 3.jpg
    malibu 3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 159
  • malibu 4.jpg
    malibu 4.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 155
  • malibu 5.jpg
    malibu 5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 164
  • malibu 6.jpg
    malibu 6.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 161
  • malibu 7.jpg
    malibu 7.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 158
  • malibu 8.jpg
    malibu 8.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 163
  • malibu 9.jpg
    malibu 9.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. That's a good looking project. Not many guys still have their first car. That's cool.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Nice looking car! As Texas82GP says, its cool that you still have your first car. What year is the car? The work that you're showing in the photos look good. What are your plans for the car?

Ferrari1day

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2016
Housotn Tx
Thanks guys.. 1978 Malibu Landau.. I need to finish the front end (Radiator,new wheel wells, etc..) I want to put the car back on the ground. My wheels wont fit on the car now with those brakes on there. :( After that I will start in the back. Install new disc brakes and all new supension. I'll keep yall update.. Definitley a money pit. haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
This is my first car.. I brought it 16 years ago.. I drove through high school and college. When I got my "Real Job" she went to storage. I started working on her back in October..Just wanted to share.. I'm new to this forum
Thanks Eric
Eric, welcome from louisville. As others said, it's a great feeling to hold onto your first car. I too still have my 1st car- 87 cutlass (into a 4-1/2 yr resto) that I bought when i was 17...back in 2001. Tons of great info and help on this forum. Keep the updates coming.
Scott

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am glad you kept it and are finally working on it, too many projects get sidelined when life happens and many projects spend their life wasting away so it's nice to see that is not the case for you.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I still have my first car too, a 79 Monte Carlo. It had gotten pretty ratty in the last 14 years of sitting. I bought a better one to cruse and work on for now. You can't replace your first car no matter how hard you try. Some day I will get back to it. Looks like you have a nice build going. Keep up the good work!

Ferrari1day

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2016
Housotn Tx
Soooo.. I'm new to this forum stuff.. I'm going to continue to build/share my story on this forum.. I posted this yesterday :blam:

I did a ton of research on wheels for the malibu.. I decided to go with bonspeed wheels. Brad, the owner is was a big help and an awesome guy ! I've never measured for wheel before and I was nervous because this was a big purchase for the malibu. Brad walked me through it. But I was torn between a couple of the wheels styles. He actually email be some photos of the wheels on the a malibu.. I'm going with the S/S wheels (19'') I wanted to share you guys/girls :)

Attachments

• Malibu with Clutch.jpg
    Malibu with Clutch.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • Malibu with Huntingtons.jpg
    Malibu with Huntingtons.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • Malibu with SS.jpg
    Malibu with SS.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor