shifter cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

wish211

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2013
I have a 84 grand prix and put a 1970 pontiac 400 with 400 turbo transmission in it. I've got everything hooked up except have trouble with shifter cable. I tried using the original one from the grand prix but it's to short. Wondering if I have to use the 1970 cable or is there a different option?

84grandprix said:
I have a 84 grand prix and put a 1970 pontiac 400 with 400 turbo transmission in it. I've got everything hooked up except have trouble with shifter cable. I tried using the original one from the grand prix but it's to short. Wondering if I have to use the 1970 cable or is there a different option?
Did your gp originally have a 3 spd trans? If so, it should work on your turbo 400 if you have the correct cable bracket on the trans pan for a 400

Yes it was a 3 speed. I got the pan bracket for the 400 but cable is 2 inches short of placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor